Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fussy pants

Allison,

Today has not been your best day (haha). You have been very tired all day so you've been very, very fussy. We took a bath tonight and that put you in a better mood. Your smile is SO big when we get in the bathtub - other than right now when we sit and rock, that is my favorite time with you. Just me and you hanging out - you sit and play, kicking in the water and watching your little rubber Ducky float around the tub. It cracks me up every time. Tonight you went under for a split second - scared me to death and I was so sure you would start screaming. You didn't. In fact, you grinned and then kept trying to put your face in the water. I would just like to say now if you become an Olympic swimmer, I totally called it! I tell you every bath that you're like a little fish and I see you loving the water in your older years. I will make sure you get swimming lessons as soon as you're old enough.

After your bath, we got you all snug into your pajamas and now here I am, rocking you. Have been for almost an hour now. It's almost 11:15pm so I am not all that thrilled we got you ready for bed so late - but we were visiting your great grand-mother so we got home a bit later than normal. 

You enjoyed church today - so much so that you fell asleep in the middle of the choir singing! How many babies can sleep with that loud noise going on?! Mine can! haha 

You're finally asleep in my arms - so since it's so late this is a short and sweet letter.

I will start writing more often - I want to make sure you have a book as thick as the dictionary to read when you're old enough. 

I love you my darling

Xoxox

Mom

PS - you turned 10 weeks old yesterday!! I'm so sad because time is going by so fast :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment