Sunday, May 11, 2014

Oh what a day

Allison,
5/6/2014
Today seemed like it would never end. Work just seemed to drag on forever. I hate days like that because I just want to hurry up and get home so I can be with you and your daddy! But it did finally end - so here we are :) you had a pretty bad day today, daycare said you were really fussy. I feel so bad for you. We got a new prescription for a new reflux medicine and we started it tonight. We will see how it works. I hope it gives you some relief - you are still going to be getting your gas relief medicine also. If we can get your gas relief and reflux relief - you'll be the happiest baby on the planet, I'm pretty sure! Your smile is intoxicating so I hope you are able to be happier more often - the world could run on your smiles, I am pretty sure. 

After I got off work, I picked you up and met your daddy on town. While I was at my 2nd job, you and your daddy went and hung out with grandma Peggy. She loves you so much - she just can't get enough of you. I hope she is around until you're old enough to make some lasting memories with her. She's such an amazing woman and did such a fantastic job making your daddy the amazing man he is. 

This weekend I am really hoping to go through and get all your newborn and 0-3 clothes sorted and put away; you're too big for them. It's going to be an emotional day I am sure because you growing up isn't something I like to face. However, you'll be 11 weeks old on Saturday so I really think it's time to start you sleeping in your own crib - at least during nap times so you can get used to it. While I'm not thrilled about you sleeping in the other room, once we get your reflux under control I won't be worried about you throwing up in your sleep anymore. And you're very mobile and can move your head and you don't have a problem rolling so I am confident you won't have a problem sleeping in your crib like a big girl :) I will probably cry that night - I'm a big softie when it comes to you. I have never in my life cared about such little things like I do about you. But; you have to grow up and I can't keep you a 6lb14oz newborn forever! So that is the plan for this weekend - get your room in order so you can sleep in your crib. Really, your nursery is too beautiful to not use - that's true. I will take pictures this weekend. I think you'll like it more than sleeping in the pack and play next to our bed. You have a pretty glittery butterfly mobile I made you in here :) 

Ok beautiful girl, you're asleep so I am going to move you now before my arm is asleep for too long and it won't wake up! 

I love you,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment